The Collective Home Report – September 2018
October 31, 2018
Weichert, Realtors® | The Collective’s monthly review of national and Atlanta real estate for September 2018 is here! Highlights of this month’s report include the following:
- The National Association of Realtors reported the median home price in the U.S. was $258,100, up 4.2 percent from September 2017, making it the 79th month straight month of price increases nationwide.
All-cash sales made up 21 percent of September’s transactions nationwide, and 32 percent of home sales in this month were first-time homebuyers.
- 5,361 of the total 14,784 units available in the metro Atlanta area were new listings, according to the Atlanta Realtors Association.
- The highest selling homes in the metro Atlanta area in August were in Buckhead and the neighborhoods of Tuxedo Park for $4.4 million and $4.3 million, respectively.
- Homes in Virginia-Highland are getting the highest price per square foot of the Intown neighborhoods ($374.64 per sq. ft.), while square footage is most affordable in Norcross ($121.10 per sq. ft.).
- Sellers in Area 51 (Brookhaven, Ashford Park, Dunwoody Forest, Chamblee) saw the quickest results. Homes in this area spent an average of just 28 days on the market.
- Area 61 (Norcross, Peachtree Corners, Berkeley Lake) saw the greatest sales price / opening price ratio at 98.9%.
How did YOUR neighborhood perform? Click the image below to download and read the most recent issue of The Collective Home Report.