According to The Robb Report, Buckhead is in the top ten most affluent communities in the nation, and often referred to as the “Beverly Hills of the Southeast”. Even Sir Elton John has taken a part-time residence here. Less than ten miles from downtown Atlanta, Buckhead’s core district sits along the famous Peachtree Road. Outside the business area, Buckhead hides over 40 unique, tree-lined neighborhoods offering charming homes and Southern mansions, each with its own distinct flavor, style and price that range from $500k to over $25 million.
Buckhead is known for its legendary shopping, decadent dining, world-class hotels and high-end art galleries. Buckhead contains a high concentration of boutiques with more than 1,400 shops including the newest addition of Buckhead Atlanta, called the “Rodeo Drive” of the South.
Depending on the neighborhood, Buckhead’s youngest residents will attend one of Atlanta’s Public Schools or a prestigious private school in the area. Warren T. Jackson and Sarah Rawson Smith Elementary Schools are National Blue Ribbon Schools. Willis A. Sutton Middle School and North Atlanta High School offer International Baccalaureate World School programs. Some of the top prestigious private schools that are located close by include Westminster Schools, Pace Academy, The Lovett School and The Atlanta International School.
- E. Rivers, Garden Hills and Morris Brandon Elementary Schools
- Sarah Rawson Smith and Warren T. Jackson Elementary Schools
- Willis A. Sutton Middle School and North Atlanta High Schools
- Atlanta Classical Academy (Charter School)
- Atlanta Girl’s School and Atlanta International School
- The Lovett School, Pace Academy and Westminster School