Historic Brookhaven is the first country club neighborhood developed in Atlanta. Since 1980, it has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places as the “first planned golf club community in Georgia.” The neighborhood is close to the Capital City Club, the oldest private, members-only club in the city, and the Peachtree Golf Club. Brookhaven is a new cityhood made up of a cluster of homes that range from charming bungalows and post-war era homes, to an elegant enclave of mansions.
The neighborhood features curved streets, picturesque landscaping, mature shade trees and green rolling hills. Nestled among several parks, residents enjoy Murphy Candler, Blackburn and Brookhaven Park, a 17-acre park with fields, a basketball court, playground and walking trails that make the neighborhood a leader in walkable communities.
- E. Rivers, Sarah Rawson Smith, Ashford Park and Montgomery Elementary Schools
- William A. Sutton, Chamblee Middle and Sequoyah Middle Schools
- Chamblee Charter and Cross Keyes High School
- Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic School
- St. Martin in the Fields Episcopal School and St. Pias X Catholic High School
- Marist School and Trinity School