THE MUFFLEY REPORT – July 2018
August 24, 2018
Muffley & Associates’ review of national and Atlanta real estate for July 2018 is out! Highlights of this month’s report include the following:
- National sales are down for the fourth straight month this year, but 55% of homes nationwide were under contract within a month.
- According to the Atlanta Realtors Association, July’s median existing-home price is up 8.2% from July 2017, with an average price of $278,000.
- 5,361 of the total 14,784 units available in the metro Atlanta area were new listings.
- The highest selling homes in the metro Atlanta area in July were in Buckhead and the city of Atlanta.
- Homes in Ansley Park are getting the highest price per square foot of the Intown neighborhoods, while square footage is most affordable in Norcross.
- Once again, sellers in Area 24 (Little Five, Edgewood, Kirkwood, East Lake) saw the quickest results. Homes in this area spent an average of just 26 days on the market.
- Area 24 (Little Five, Edgewood, Kirkwood, East Lake) also saw the greatest sales price / opening price ratio at 97.9%.
How did YOUR neighborhood perform? Click the image below to download and read the most recent issue of the Muffley Report.